5.23.2010

*unas cositas


Some things about Vera at about 2 months short of 3 years old!

::She gets real self-conscious around older boys . She'll stick out her tongue and make awkward baby noises if they make any acknowledgement of her. It's pretty funny.

::She is starting some what I imagine to be 3 year old attitude - lots of contrariness, a bit of defiance and lots of stomping [I was a stomper]. An example from a ride in the car yesterday:

me: I wonder when the Farmer's Market starts? I think pretty soon.
vera: It's NOT soon! no, it's NOT SOON.
me: Ok, we're done with everything, let's go home now.
vera: I do NOT WANT to go home!
me: oh wait, we have to go to the store and then we'll go home.
vera: I want to go home NOW. RIGHT NOW!
me: Vera, you're just being contrary.
vera: No I'm NOT. I'm NOT!

::She's real conscious about pronunciation and likes to point out, "Now I can say ______. When I am a baby I say _______." Like now she says building and not bounding. I also want to remember how expressive her tone and voice is and always has been. I wish I could capture our conversations on video!! I often try to recreate them, but it's never the same.

::She talks and sings to herself a lot [she needs this sibling!]. In the car she'll make her hands or feet talk to each other - bicker with each other actually: No my turn! No my turn! Well you're in time out! :)

::Her favorite things to do are ride her scooter and trike, look for worms and roly polies, jump on the couch and make forts with the cushions, play doctor, pretend to go to school, do puzzles, help me cook, dress up and play with Bunny. She pretty much ignores the nice, expensive Corolle baby doll I bought for her 2nd birthday - Bunny is it.


added later... other things I want to record for baby book if I ever make one:

*completely potty-trained as of a couple months ago! nighttime too - no accidents yet.

*can draw people and balloons and the letter V. tries her best to color in the lines and does a pretty good job

*sleeping in her own bed all night most of the time. with us maybe once a week or less.

*gets real embarrassed when you bring attention to things she does

*can put on all her own clothes - even buckle her sandals and zip up most of her sweatshirts and get into her footie pjs.

*still no 2 year molars

*learned how to use speed dial on my phone and calls Daddy and Grandmas a lot

No comments: