5.13.2010

*una siesta


Vera took a nap in her bed today - the first time since December 25!!  I hardly knew what to do with myself.  I'm glad she got the rest, but to be honest I've kind of liked that she doesn't nap anymore.  I can count on at least an hour quiet time from her every day and she doesn't get up from it weepy and sensitive and needing to recover.  She can have the quiet time whenever, so I don't have to rush home to get her down at any certain hour and it's nice to know she's good and tired when bedtime rolls around [lately she sleeps 8:00pm-7:30am].  I would highly recommend to anyone that you continue to enforce a quiet time - it really recharges her for the rest of the day and I need/love that bit of time to myself.  I pile a bunch of books on her bed, give some milk and have her little potty in her room.  I set the timer and she knows to "wait for the ding" and gets stern scolding if she doesn't.  I hear her sometimes run fast across the room for something and then run back - I think she's scared to even get off her bed before the ding :)

A bit grumpy and needy afterwards.  Chocolate graham crackers, strawberries and a bit of Thomas the train and she was back to herself.  

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I cannot believe that a) she napped and b) she hasn't napped since Dec 25th!! Poor Sammy fell asleep watching Signing Time today. I am not doing so hot enforcing quiet time here at the Hunt house, but I am encouraged by you to stick with it!! We all need it.
See ya in the morning! Jen

P.S. Cute pics:)
P.S.S. Let me know if you ever want to borrow any Thomas videos. I know the library ones are often scratched.

Anonymous said...

really cute!

momandpop said...

Precious.