5.26.2010

*disney

I always swore I wouldn't let my daughter wear Disney princess clothes, or have them decorating really anything in our house. I'm not against Disney at all - I love all those movies and can't wait to share watching them with her [most are too scary for her still] - I just don't like characters on anything and would rather have things plain [how do I express why I don't like it?]. So how Vera became so obsessed is beyond me. It all started with a mere toddler plate set that she uses when we go to my brother, Tom's. She didn't even know what a princess was, and within a very short time could point them out on a backpack or a greeting card a mile away. She's only even seen Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast just once, but knows all their names. So far I have successfully avoided any princess labeled clothing, but she does have a watering can, an umbrella, toothpaste and a scooter all feeding the obsession. The other day I saw this suitcase at a consignment shop and bought it for her. I can't believe I did it!!! I justified it in that it was paid for with credit I already had, she'll be able to use it on our summer trips, and well because it made her SO.HAPPY. What's next, Anne?



She's been pretending to go off to the airport and Lake Tahoe or California ever since.

5 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

Oh my gosh Anne, you are totally going to have one of those girls that only wants to wear princess dresses everywhere, ha ha :) I totally understand what you mean about "characters." I just think too much of any of those things makes them seem so cheesy...

JJ said...

You bought it because you love her! Levi has done the same thing with Elmo...

Unknown said...

My niece loved, and I mean LOVED Sleeping Beauty. So much so that she new every word of every line and every song. It was so cute to listen to her sing "I know you, I've danced with you once upon a dream..." while twirling.

She turned out okay. Loves the color purple though.

momandpop said...

You won't believe it, Anne. I was leaving a store a few weeks ago and THIS caught the corner of my eye. I paused and noted, Must come back. Think about if Anne would allow it for Vera. I did think though: Vera would LOVE it!! You done good.

I remember when I wouldn't buy Jordache jeans for Jessie in kindergarten, though one of her stylin' friends wore them all the time.

Anonymous said...

you're such a good blogger