4.11.2011

*1/2


Like I will say her whole life "I can't believe she's already..." 6 months! I have to say I have really really enjoyed Edie in the last couple weeks. She's connecting with us a lot more, engaging and really just waking up to the world around her in new ways. She's finally not randomly fussy all day and has settled into a kind-of nap schedule. My favorite things are still nuzzling my nose into her super-soft little tummy, listening to her giggle, how she sputters/spits/blows raspberries when she's getting tired or mad, how she loves to be naked [you should have seen her when I put a onesie on after these pictures], how she goes, 'ooohhhh' and kicks her legs when she's excited - like when she wants to touch the thermostat, watching her wiggle and squirm trying to reach a toy, and throwing her up in to the air and getting her to laugh :)

As far as sleeping goes [since I want to document, go ahead and skip...], she is taking longer naps!! We started trying to let her cry back to sleep if it had been 30 minutes or less - it didn't work well at first, she would cry for 20 minutes and sleep another 10 :( I hate doing it, but I also don't like having a baby who is grumpy and needing to be more rested!! So we would just give it another try every few days or so - Ben being a lot better at it than me. She then started sometimes sleeping straight for an hour, sometimes crying for about 5 minutes and sleeping another hour or more. It was so worth it to teach her to fall back asleep!! Nighttime has actually gotten worse in the last couple days and I'm not sure why, maybe just her stuffy nose. Also, she's woken Vera up a couple times which hasn't been a huge deal, but I don't want it to get worse. Not really sure what to do...




No comments: