4.08.2011

*verde



I've always wanted to make Thai curry but never remember to figure out how to do it [any non-American, non-Italian food intimidates me]. Tonight I finally used my brain and remembered we had frozen chicken, green beans [frozen from our garden!] and coconut milk on hand. I searched green curry on chowhound and found this recipe. We have a really great, authentic Asian supermarket up the street and so I went there for a few things. There's always so many options -like a half a row for just soy sauce- I chose this one which wasn't the cheapest or the most expensive. It doesn't have any preservatives or fake ingredients and I bet at Whole Foods it would be 4x as much! Anyway, I didn't find kafir limes, leaves or basil and substituted green beans and sweet potato for the eggplant and peas. It was so good and I was really proud of myself :) Hopefully I can remember to add it to the list of regulars....


I also made Strawberry Shortcake last night and it was pretty delicious. I know I've made "perfect" biscuits at least once, but I can never remember where I found the recipe... these were from Joy of Cooking and were just decent. That didn't stop me from having thirds. Seriously, you have no idea how much I loved whipped cream. Thankfully I'm on the breastfeeding diet!!


2 comments:

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

Haha! I love real whipped cream too!

Anonymous said...

the best recipe is one from a cookbook of g. edine's. remind me to email it to you.