4.19.2011

*la niña

Just some random things to remember about Vera. We LOVE this little girl so much!!!

Quote from today: "Food and water help you grow and stay alive. That's very nice of them! They help you grow and grow and grow until you're big enough to have gumballs! I can have gumballs when I'm 16."

She's been in a rather nice ultra-polite stage lately, a lot of it I think trying to mimic being a grownup. "Thank you, Mom, for being so patient." - "Sam, I know you want to hold the snacks right now, but you can't, sometimes you just can't" - "Excuse me, Mom, after you do something on the computer, may I do something?" - "I have an idea! How about I watch something after my quiet time?" It's funny at times, but a lot better than the alternative :)

Today she sounded out a word for the first time. When she gets it in her head to figure out how to do something, she practices and practices over and over - I have a feeling this will be her new endeavor. We were making a card for Auntie Carol and I was about to spell it for her and she said she could do it: AT KL. Not bad!

Another first I thought was exciting was on our way home from California last month. Did I already tell this? Anyway I said there was going to be 2 girls and 2 boys at the place we were staying that night. She put 2 fingers on one hand, 2 on the other and said, "that's 4!" Her first math problem :)

This was the "palace" that she made today with a block puzzle and a pillow - very extravagant right? She was so excited about it, she ran to get her Cinderella dress and exclaimed, "I'm the luckiest girl I've ever seen!"

1 comment:

Em and Jud said...

Way to go, Vera! Love all these little anecdotes, such a smart and sweet girl!