2.18.2009

*


These beautiful Chinese pajamas were a gift from Ben's parents when I was pregnant - I remember imagining my little dark-haired, dark-eyed daughter wearing them someday. I can tell you it took me a while to get used to the little blondie who surprised us all! When Ben's Granny first met Vera she kept exclaiming over the howlie boy :)

I love to think of all the different backgrounds that came together in little Vera - Ben's grandfather growing up in the Phillipines speaking a language I know nothing about, his Chinese Granny growing up as basically an indentured servant in Hawaii, another grandfather hopping the train from Oklahoma to California Steinbeck style, my dad's dad growing up on hop farms in Washington, one grandmother of mine adopted out to a family who needed help in their restaurant in Yerrington, Nevada. Imagine them meeting up back in the 40s - hey our descendents will have children together! It's truly amazing, really, where we all come from.


Later on, snuggled in bed - like a little princess in her fancy jammies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE! I love them.

(p.s. -- haole -- I know, weird spelling.)

xo

Melissa Abby said...

She's definitely not dark-haired or dark-eyed...maybe the next one. Either way, she is adorable especially in those pajamas!

Jenny said...

Beautiful PJ's and a beautiful heritage! Love it. Jen