2.09.2009

*la holga

Do you have stacks of random pictures hanging around that you don't know what to do with? I have all these old Holga photos that I love, but just don't know where to put. They don't really fit in the middle of my family vacation albums and I can never remember to buy frames this size ... so I scanned them. I love my Holga - a boxy, cheap, plastic camera held together with tape. Basically it takes charming - ie. poor quality- pictures. The only thing is that both the film and the developing are pretty expensive [besides, now you can just go to picnik.com to make your pictures look old + crappy!] Anyway here's some of my favorites...

paris - 2004 : just before I got married. sipping tea and writing in my journal.

ben on our honeymoon : eating at a cafe from sleepless in seattle.
tulip, iris and dafodil bulbs my mom sent from the beds around our old house. i planted them at ben's and my first rental and wish i'd dug them up before we left :(

my adorable and very photogenic niece, olivia - now 8!


boone was the cutest puppy ever!!

3 comments:

Esti said...

hola! gracias por pasarte por mi blog el otro día y animarte a comentar. Me ha gustado mucho entrometerme entre tus fotos, tu vida familiar y esas niñas tan preciosas. Un abrazo.

Katie said...

i love the tea one...classic. you should for sure frame them...i love the black and white, and the texture.

Anonymous said...

only some of mine ever turned out -but when they did they were so great. i have them in little frames but not up on walls. someday...