2.05.2009

*el pan

I finally made some bread yesterday! Don't be too impressed - it was a bit of a disaster, though still edible. I'd forgotten that my mom's recipe is too big for my KitchenAid and it began overflowing up around the motor. I tried to keep it down with a spatula and probably could have broken my hand or something. I ended up having to knead it on the table - which is ok, but made it all a little more complicated with 2 little charges on my hands. I then got impatient with it's second rising and put it in the oven too soon. So it's a little heavy and dense, but still tasty - especially if you load it up with butter + honey. I did accidentally leave honey bear out on the counter and Vera saw him half full. She was very sad and confused, although she did seem to like my bread! Phew.


This is how the girls entertained themselves while I was busy with doughy hands:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets make potato bread! mom made it a week ago and it was to die for

jessie said...

what gorgeous loaves!