4.02.2009

*the drummer

Last night Ben found some videos on YouTube of his old band days. It's really strange trying to imagine him at that time since I met him years after he'd 'retired'. The really strange thing is that I was at one of his shows. I saw the Supertones in Visalia, California in like '97 or so and his band [Value Pac] opened for them! How far from my thoughts was it that I would one day marry that drummer on stage???? Craaaaaaazy. But good :) I'm going to watch this video over and over, try to really see that cute boy there on the drums:

9 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

LOVE IT! I loved this song in high school :) And I loved Value Pac! I might still have the tape somewhere...

Heather said...

Ben was in a band!! That's freaken awesome. Would they be considered a Ska band? Totally remember those days. Reemeber Reel Big Fish

Emily said...

I had no idea! What a fun story!

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

I agree! what fun! pierce just did a little dance to it too. :)

JJ said...

Love it! Erik has shown me that video before...

Em and Jud said...

Go Ben!!! This is an awesome story, and the video is so great. I'm definitely impressed, and love the coincidence. Meant to be!

Heather said...

I paused it on Ben... I think he looks the same! Such a cute story!!

Beth Lillstrom said...

That is AWESOME! I am glad you found this. I remember seeing them in '97 as well! Love to you all.

momandpop said...

We just loved being part of the band's groupies. Every concert was fabulous, I must say!! Running around and smiling widely with Everett and Stephanie, and Michelle. Watching Ben do his thing. Wiping away all the perspiration. The last concert was so touching there at the Greek Amphitheatre at PLNU. I remember the details vividly, and am still amazed that that concert and Ben's entrance to college life intersected there. Here's to more drumming in the future, Ben!!

Love, Mom