4.07.2009

*la siesta


So Vera hasn't taken a nap for a WEEK! I put her down like usual and she either talks and reads for a bit, followed by 20 minutes of mommy?mommy?mommy? or she screams her way out of the whole thing. I know I tell myself that "phases come and go", but is the nap phase gone forever??? She's not even two!! And it's not like she happily makes it all the way to bedtime. She is crazy, insanely tired and grumpy and the past 3 nights has been hysterical as I try to put her down. I just can't bring myself to take her for a nap-drive every afternoon, but I need to do something! Yesterday I set a timer and told her when it 'dinged' Mommy would come get her.. I guess that's what I'm going to do for the next few days, and hopefully she'll fall asleep at some point. Only thing is I don't want the *ding* to wake her up if she miraculously sleeps. Any ideas? Please??

7 comments:

Emily said...

nightlight on a timer? we tried it and it didn't work for us, but i've heard of others it works for. set the timer so the light goes off when she can get up...

momandpop said...

Would you lie down yourself and take a nap with her? Let her read her books until she falls asleep. I always loved that with the kids. It's better than no rest anyway.

Familia Gonzalez said...

is her room dark? I think that helps. :) naps cannot be over :) they are sacred time for us or at least me.

sarah said...

When I can't sleep, I have a glass of wine...have you tried that yet :)

Melissa Abby said...

Oh man, I'm sure it's just a phase but how frustrating! Nap time is what gets me through the days sometimes :)

Unknown said...

Echo's friend Harper will be 2 in June and does not take a nap anymore, and has not for months. She is a social happy thing and just loves it. :) ahhhh!

Unknown said...

but i agree, i dark room- maybe some Valerian root ?
the boy i sit now, i would give him some in a cup with herbal tea if he wasn't falling asleep. It is perfectly healthy. ??? Noise maker ??