4.21.2009

*el vuelo


I just liked these pictures from our traveling days, and thought I'd share. How do you like the sling picture - kind of SouleMama, eh? I really do love using a sling for airports - I usually am maneuvering the whole thing by myself, and a stroller just doesn't work when you also have to wheel a suitcase and a carseat. Plus it's fun and you get to snuggle with your baby :)

I should count how many times I've flown solo with Vera - I'd say at least.... 10 - maybe more. When she was tiny, it was easy to just nurse her to sleep. The worst was when she was about 9 months old - seriously not fun. I probably ran out of my bag of 'tricks' before we even took off and she was screaming to get down and crawl down the aisle. It really got better at a little over a year, once she knew what an airplane was and could point out things and generally just understand more. I think that flight we spent a good hour pointing out every cat and dog in the sky mall magazine [a very good resource for traveling with a child!].
This time, on the way up, it could not have been more perfect. She was so well-behaved, happy and excited to be on an airplane - and then even more excited to be on the shuttle to get the car. The flight home, however, was potentially awful - right at naptime, but she would not fall asleep! I prayed and prayed for her to just close her eyes.. instead God sent 3 angelic flight attendants to entertain us at the back of the plane :) She finally fell asleep literally as we landed and I got to carry the limpest, most deadest weight imaginable all the way to baggage. Anyway.. sorry this is probably the most boring post ever. Would you like me to detail each and every flight we've taken together? :)

4 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

I am excited for when Grant can be more entertained on the plane. I did this last trip alone and he's at a hard age, all he wants to do is move around and crawl and grab things. Luckily on the way home he was so exhausted from the trip that he slept on me most of the way :)

Em and Jud said...

I wish we had been able to see you too when you were in Seattle! Next time...and then you can meet Henry, too. Thanks for all your good thoughts and happy wishes! xoxo

momandpop said...

Precious face.

Anonymous said...

get yourself in those photos!!