4.22.2009

*

...
Vera's diapers were starting to get a little.... stinky and stained.. so we went out this morning to hang them in the bright, hot sun. I made a makeshift clothesline over the vegetable garden while Vera and Stella dug in the dirt, picked dandelions and sometimes helped by handing me clothespins. I sprayed lemon juice on the stains and they hung all day in the sun - when I took them down they definitely looked a little whiter and brighter. I love the homeyness of clothes on the line. However, does anyone know how to get line-dried clothes to feel soft? Do I have to put them all in the dryer for a bit afterwards?

...and these are the beginnings of beets!

4 comments:

momandpop said...

Anne,
All line-dried clothes get stiff in the sun. A little Downey in the rinse water would off-set the stiffness and make your clothes so soft and sweet-smelling. I love your clothesline.
Rosie

Heather said...

Soon to be a Dwight Shrute beet farm?

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

i always put them in the dryer afterwards...a waste of energy but a little bum should have a soft diaper:)

sarah said...

Schrute Farms is the number one beet-related agrotourism destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania. They offer the finest accommodations for the casual traveler and/or beet enthusiast---that's some stiff competition annie.