4.24.2009

*I ♥ tulips


I love them. They're so clean looking, so bright and cheery - and proof that winter is passed. I have fond memories of them all over our garden growing up, of seeing them at Queen Anne Thriftway + Pike's Place during college, of visiting the Tulip-fest with Tamara, and now of having my very own little collection. Each fall here I've bought a handful at the last farmer's market and every Spring get to enjoy that many more! This year I need to get some red ones and yellow ones.

**my cousin suggested the other day of giving bulbs as a housewarming gift.. what a great idea...**

2 comments:

sarah said...

Annie,
I know how much you were looking forward to the blossoms. They look amazing, Congrats!

jfoster said...

Tulips are my favorite too, love them in every way! Beautiful photos of your blooms, congrats!