2.19.2012

*Edie lately

a little over 16 months old...

I got this little video below of Edie the other day saying a few words and showing her odd hit/hug behavior. I was going to edit it out, but that wouldn't be the whole truth :)  Why?? I didn't provoke anything - it's so funny. Does anyone know the psychology of this? At least she doesn't bite anymore. Anyway, I love her little words. Most used is "bapoo" which means diaper, paper, marker, crayon and poopoo. I love how and when she says wow.  I just handed her a button and she said it :) I also love how she says AH-OH! all the time. She calls herself Deedie in pictures and in the mirror now and loves to look at all the family pictures on the fridge, pointing everyone out.

I love right now how she loves to have a visitor over and when they come in, quickly tries to show them as many things as she can. "mama! baby! puppy!" My parents were just here for a few days and it was fun to see her bond with them - she was especially drawn to my dad. He is always popular with dogs and little ones :)

I should note that she still doesn't sleep consistently through the night. It's such a different experience than with Vera who slept all the way through at 6+ mos and didn't look back [until about 2 years old]. I admit I would be like umm your 1 year old isn't sleeping all night yet??? Let me give you some tips. So horrible - it makes you realize you should never ever be quick to judge! Anyway, we got in a cycle where on trips and when we have visitors she doesn't sleep well and so I will nurse her as many times as it takes - which carries over to normal life. In retrospect I wish I would have tried other soothing methods - I guess in the middle of the night when you're trying to not wake the rest of the house, it's hard to know what to do. So anyway, hopefully she'll start sleeping more consistently once I wean her completely.

We also love how she likes to *burrow*.. like if you lie down on the floor she'll scoot up next to you and burrow in. Or if you're on the bed, she'll burrow under the covers next to you.  Pretty cute.

ANYway, here's the video:

2 comments:

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

Oh my goodness! What a great little talker! You can understand everything. Don't know about the hitting thing, but we definitely have some of that going on over here though it is more between Ollie and Paige in sibling disputes (yes, already. sigh.)

momandpop said...

Hi there, friend of ours...