2.14.2012

*valentimes




 We had a lot of fun with Vera's valentines this year.  I found this idea maybe last year or even two and it's been sitting on my desktop waiting.  I made a grid on some white paper and then we filled in the squares with different shades of pink - mixing our own from red, white and a little yellow paint.  It was a fun little project for the two of us after Edie went to bed one night - I think I will frame the original for her.  She kept commenting, "well pretend that someone, well an artist, says they like your side better, and well they like art and they like yours, well that would make you happy!" I think she was saying that she liked my side better and that I should be flattered :)

We took it to kinkos and had several copies made [don't you love to see designs repeated??] and then she cut that into hearts and added glitter glue too.  I love to see her go through the process of making things like this, seeing the finished product all lined up, choosing which one to give who.



little helper 
[who can climb onto the chair by herself now!]


and last year:

3 comments:

Erin Dahlgren said...

So creative! She did such a good job:)

Jenny said...

She is definitely taking after your artsy/crafty side-doesn't that make you happy? I noticed how cute hers were in their boxes- ahem, their cousin Echo did most of theirs for them! Gracious.

Ashley Hales said...

I loved Vera's valentine! :) Super cute and especially that how she wrote Ezra's "z". I'm impressed.