11.16.2008

*cansadita

I'm tired. The past month Vera has been in a serious I-want-my-mommy phase. I think it may have started when she was sick and I kept her out of the church nursery and most other such situations. Or maybe she's just in that phase [in which case, someone please tell me that it will pass!]. I can't even go downstairs to check on the laundry without her freaking out [she loves daddy, but just needs me there too.] On one hand it's really sweet and flattering that she wants to be with me, and on the other it's just exhausting. I've thought a bit about why it's so exhausting - I mean we do a lot of playing and walking and hanging out with our friends. All fun things, so why am I so tired?? I read a dear-abby type article on a friend's blog that explained it pretty well: you're responsible for every bit of the care that dependent little person - keeping them fed and dry and safe and clean and happy and [constantly] held takes a lot of effort and constant attention. I've also really been trying to be a better housekeeper and not waste precious naptime on .. um .. the internet. So anyway, when she goes to bed I just want to sit. and sit and sit. and watch tv and do nothing at all. and then I feel guilty. and then I vent it on our [my] blog :)


{an unrelated picture of Vera in her little fort between the couch and the wall. this little girl tires me out, but i love her so so incredibly much: it's beyond worth it.}

3 comments:

momandpop said...

Forts. Of course. Bet she loved that!! About the dependence, Anne, it's normal, and it will pass, like all the other stages little ones go through. You're right: nap first.

I loved it when Ben said she had hot cocoa and warm pumpkin pie with him yesterday morning. What a perfect little breakfast. Then a trip up to the snow.

sarah said...

Annie...varah is only so wonderful thus far in life because of the time you've spent becoming an amazing woman. Never feel guilty about having time to yourself to create a peaceful, rested, amazing annie because little varah will reap the rewards of annie-time too.

Emily said...

but if you're not on the internet posting, what am i to do to procrastinate my housekeeping?