11.12.2008

*la cocina


It's getting easier and easier to make things with Vera around. We made the Barefoot Contessa's banana crunch muffins a couple weeks ago and it went so well [and they tasted sooooo good] that I tried again today. I just gave her a pot with some granola to stir and she happily helped the whole time! She seems to really love doing things in the kitchen: watching & helping me stir, add salt, etc. She's always willing to try something if she had a hand in the making. I like to think she'll be like Tita from Like Water for Chocolate, raised in the kitchen and possessing fantastic culinary skills :)
** if you don't have her cookbook, you should google the recipe - they are delicious! I even substituted a little whole wheat flour and left out over a 1/2 cup of sugar and they were still amazing.**

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I have no doubt that she'll be raised in the kitchen nor that she'll be a wonderful cook and homemaker one day--just like her mama. sorry I didn't call you back this afternoon but maybe we'll come see you on our morning drive. I'll give you a call in the am. Jen

p.s. Vera's hair looks so long in that last picture!

Melissa Abby said...

I feel like she's a little mini adult. That is awesome she likes the kitchen!

Em and Jud said...

Yummy! I am going to make these this weekend. Love watching Vera enjoy the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I bet they're marvelous. We should make a batch Thanksgiving weekend! I can hardly Wait to see Vera. I'm going to monopolize her -- I hope you don't mind..