11.14.2008

*pretend

I used to make the suggestion that we put Bunny to bed or a diaper on Dollie. In the last week or so, though, Vera will get a real determined look on her face and go off into her room, coming back with a blanket or a diaper. She then gets to work arranging blankets, moving the blankets, laying them [sorry, lots of thems :: bunny and dollie, sometimes monkey, puppy or bear too] down, opening the diapers, putting them on their heads, etc. The other night she put both Bunny and Dollie to bed and then brought them back into her room, propped them up and spoon-fed them from her little cups [she makes the (y)um! sound for them too :)]. It's so wonderful to just sit and watch this little person...


3 comments:

Jenny said...

I really am amazed by what a little caretaker she is:) I can't imagine what she'll be like when she's 3! So, I just commented on your comment in my comments section. Geez. See ya soon, jen

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

so so cute! Why isn't "pretend" in spanish?

Anonymous said...

i'm so serious when i say it's these little pictures that keep me going ;)