11.20.2008

*el artecito

I love the idea [from Montessori] of bringing things down to your children's level - literally. Small tables and chairs and shelves they can reach. I tried to follow Jenny and Tara's lead in putting artwork too at Vera's level. She just loves the little pictures Sam & Amelia have by their table! You can see it makes them all feel special to have such pretty things to look at [things they are interested in, like kittens and birds and farm animals].

Isn't it kind of funny when we think of a child's room - all the pictures at the adult's eye level? Vera's room is sure like that. The other day I pointed out the cute print of an elephant and bunny above her crib - it occurred to me she'd probably never looked up there! So anyway, I've hung one by her table and one by her kitchen. Not too sure she's into VanGogh's bedroom chair [it was the only postcard art I had. I love Van Gogh's bedroom :)] I need to find a cute bunny or puppy for her.


I also bought these plastic frames for pictures of her with me, ben, both sets of grandparents and her best buddies. It didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped and looked a little cluttered. Three of them fell off the wall that night anyway. So I'll keep working on it, but thought I'd share a fun idea. Look at the twins' for a more successful example to follow :)

1 comment:

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

LOVE this idea! Thank you for sharing. Also checked out the twins blog and started tearing up as I read some incredible moving stories:)